Dreams Resorts & Spas are always fun for the whole family and today we are looking at some great pictures taken by our guests during their recent visits. They share everything from snorkeling adventures to fun family wedding moments. No matter what your vacation style, there is always something fun at Dreams Resorts & Spas! Book your dream vacation today!
At Dreams Resorts & Spas, we love hearing from our guests about their stays at our resorts. Not only is it wonderful to see smiling faces in videos and pictures, we like knowing that we’re doing all that we can to make your trip a memorable and priceless one.
Check out some video testimonials from our guests below:
At Dreams Resorts & Spas you can always expect our fabulous Entertainment Teams to go above and beyond when it comes to throwing a party or special event. Whether it’s celebrating Easter or organizing a viewing party of the NCAA Final Four, there will be plenty of activities for guests of all ages, delicious food and drinks and plenty of great people to spend time with!
Special events and parties at Dreams Resorts & Spas are held throughout the year. Whether you’re trying to plan your trip to coincide with a party or you’ve already booked your trip and you want to see what’s going on at our resorts, take a look at our Special Events page on our website to see what we have planned for the remainder of 2013!
Speaking of parties, check out some pictures of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spas‘ viewing party for the NCAA Final Four games.
Guests at Dreams Resorts & Spas will experience all kinds of global cuisine at our restaurants. Today, we would like to share a delicious Paella recipe for you to make once you return home. It’s a one-dish meal consisting of rice, beans, vegetables, meat or seafood and plenty of spices. The Paella recipe we are sharing today is a favorite combining seafood and meat, making a true taste sensation. This recipe is great for family dinner – it’s a balanced meal all in one pot! It’s so delicious and is sure to become a dinnertime favorite.
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Spice Mix for chicken, recipe follows
- 1 (3-pound) frying chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Spanish chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and hand-crushed
- 4 cups short grain Spanish rice
- 6 cups water, warm
- Generous pinch saffron threads
- 1 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 lobster tails
- 1/2 cup sweet peas, frozen and thawed
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Special equipment:
- Large paella pan or wide shallow skillet
- Make spice mix for chicken by combining 1 tablespoon sweet paprika, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Rub the spice mix all over the chicken and marinate chicken for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a paella pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the chorizo until browned, remove and reserve. Add chicken skin-side down and brown on all sides, turning with tongs. Add salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In the same pan, make a sofrito by sautéing the onions, garlic, and parsley. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes on medium heat. Then, add tomatoes and cook until the mixture caramelizes a bit and the flavors meld. Fold in the rice and stir-fry to coat the grains. Pour in water and simmer for 10 minutes, gently moving the pan around so the rice cooks evenly and absorbs the liquid. Add chicken, chorizo, and saffron. Add the clams and shrimp, tucking them into the rice. The shrimp will take about 8 minutes to cook. Give the paella a good shake and let it simmer, without stirring, until the rice is al dente, for about 15 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, when the rice is filling the pan, add the lobster tails. When the paella is cooked and the rice looks fluffy and moist, turn the heat up for 40 seconds until you can smell the rice toast at the bottom, then it’s perfect. (Cook’s note: The ideal paella has a toasted rice bottom called socarrat.)
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with peas, parsley and lemon wedges.
Did you know you can reserve our private pool for a day during your stay at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa? This can be great fun whether you are traveling as a couple! For a whole day, you and your significant other can relax as if you’re the only two in the tropics or your whole family can enjoy a swim in the private pool.
Having your own pool for the day is a special, luxurious experience you will be sure to remember forever. Make a great poolside playlist and bring a book to enjoy. Talk to your concierge today about reserving your private pool for a day!
Now you can share your vacation experience at Dreams Resorts & Spas with friends and family at home through Instagram – just snap a picture, tag it with #DreamsResorts and upload it to Instagram! It’s just that easy!
You can share snapshots of favorite moments of your visit to Dreams Resorts & Spas – whether it is playtime in the pool, Explorer’s Club activities for the kids, or a relaxing moment on one of our gorgeous beaches. Just be sure to follow us to add some gorgeous tropical photos into your newsfeed once you return home. These photos are sure to brighten your days!
Bring the kids along for an Unlimited-Luxury® vacation at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa this summer … for free! That’s right; book your stay at Dreams Punta Cana by April 25th and up to two kids can stay and play free when you travel from May 1st to August 22nd!
With an Explorer’s Club for Kids (ages 3-12) open daily from 9 am to 10 pm that is full of supervised activities, kids will enjoy their time as much as you will. Each day is a different adventure that includes arts and crafts, face painting, sandcastle contests and weekly campouts!
What are you waiting for? Book your stay with us today to and experience an unforgettable family vacation.