Anyone who has visited the Dreams Spa by Pevonia at any Dreams Resort & Spa can tell you that body scrub contributes to the enjoyable spa experience. Now, you can make body scrub at home courtesy of Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa!
Typically a cream or essential oil combined with salt or sugar, body scrubs cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize the skin. Scrubs have also been attributed to improving skin tone and blood circulation, reducing cellulite, stimulating the metabolism and increasing the body’s ability to rid itself of toxins. Apply the scrub to the body in circular strokes to get natural, smooth and soft skin!
1. You’ll need 1 cup of salt and ½ cup of oil (essential and olive oils work well.)
2. Mix together until oil and salt are fully combined.
3. Apply with circular movements around 2-3 minutes. Use a loofa sponge for extra exfoliation.
4. Take a damp cloth and wipe the scrub off gently until all the mixture is off, apply honey on the skin for fifteen minutes.
5. Then remove the honey with warm water.
6. Apply body lotion to replenish the skin cell with moisture.
7. Enjoy your smooth skin!
Exfoliate weekly for optimum results
Salt and essential oil: The most basic and popular type of scrub. Use sea or mineral salt and your choice of essential oils to restore skin to its full beauty.
Sugar: Instead of using salt, use small-grain sugar, which works well with both creams and oils.
Plants: Medicinal plants (lavender, aloe vera, rosemary) are increasingly used in body scrubs because they work well with sensitive skin types and their scents help relax and re-energize you.
Food: The powers of food have won permanent place in many spas, not only for aromatic and sensory experience they provide, but also for their moisturizing and nourishing properties. Innovate and delight in a scrub made with chocolate, coffee, lemon, orange, seeds, olive oil, oatmeal, honey and milk.