There is enough to do at Dreams Punta Cana Resorts & Spa to keep guests more than busy throughout their stay, but for those searching for a beach vacation with a side of adventure, there’s so much to do in and around Punta Cana! The Dominican Republic is an incredible beautifully and culturally diverse nation that is well-worth exploring. Visit one of these magnificent nearby attractions for a couple of hours or an entire day trip!
- Altos de Chavón: A fascinating recreation of a 16th century Mediterranean village on a cliff overlooking the Río Chavón.
- Isla Catalina: This small offshore island located approximately 1.5 miles from the mainland has an incredible coral reef for snorkeling and diving, perfect for those booking for a day trip for water activities.
- Santo Domingo: The oldest city in the New World and capitol city of the Dominican Republic, where the settlement of all the Americas began. You’ll see the first cathedral and the first hospital. Explore the cobblestone streets that wind through the Spanish colonial architecture and you can imagine yourself back in the 1500s. Enjoy the incredible nightlife, shopping, cultural points and great array of restaurants all over the city.
- Isla Saona: Take a catamaran, sailboat or speed boat to this scenic island located off of the south-east tip of the Dominican Republic. You’ll experience the incredible turquoise water and beauty of limestone cliffs. You may even see some dolphins following your boat!
- La Romana: This destination is one of the largest cities in the Dominican Republic and known for its culture, tourism, superior golfing and beautiful beaches.
- Higuey: A small historical town known for its large Basilica honoring the Virgen de la Altagracia, patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Stroll the small streets and sample some of the tasty local cheese and fresh fruit from the local markets.