Pura Vida! Costa Rica is ranked as one of the happiest and the greenest countries in the world. That’s easy to believe when it’s full of volcanoes, cloud forests, tropical wildlife and lush rainforests. It’s the adventure and eco-tourism capital of Central America brimming with exciting opportunities!
Read on to count down with us the top activities to do during your stay in Costa Rica!
- Visit a National Park! It’s easy when over 20% of Costa Rica’s land is designated as national parks. One of our favorites include Palo Verde National Park, a marshy home to wetland bird species as well as scarlet macaws, sloths and monkeys!
- Explore the Ring of Fire! Costa Rica’s volcanoes are a key part of the country’s landscape. In addition to their natural beauty, the bases of the volcanoes are rich in minerals and great for adventurous exploration.
- Get Steamy! At the base of the Rincon de la Vieja volcano is a national park with an array of natural, geothermal wonders. Make sure to bring your bathing suit for a day of natural rejuvenation with healing hot springs, mud baths and waterfalls!
- Hit the Beach! Costa Rica has a diverse array of beaches from sugar sand, black sand, surfing, untouched hideaways to luxury resort beaches, like Dreams® Las Mareas Costa Rica! There’s something sandy for everyone!
- Show your Adventurous Side! Book an excursion to explore Costa Rica’s numerous volcanoes, rainforests, and expansive coastlines. Go horseback riding, white water rafting, zip lining and cliff rappelling all in one day! We recommend visiting AMStarDMC.com for all your excursion needs!
Dreams Las Mareas is the perfect home base for your Costa Rica getaway! After a day of exploring, you can come back to relax by the pool and indulge in all the gourmet cuisine that you desire.
Dreams Las Mareas is a vibrant beach getaway for couples, families and singles to enjoy an escape in luxury. Located on an expansive palm-studded beach and surrounded by lush green mountains & jungles on Playa El Jobo in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, guests of all ages can enjoy an action–packed vacation with water sports and land activities or relax by our swimming pools while sunbathing or laying under a thatched palapa. Continue the fun into the evenings with live nightly entertainment, outdoor bars and lounges, and so much more.