Our Commitment to You.
As we all navigate the unprecedented, extraordinary and evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want you to know that you always have been, and you always will be, our very top priority. We will get through to better times and we are so grateful you have been by our side to help us realize our mission, and we hope yours, turning vacation dreams into lifelong memories. From the very beginning we have been proud to bring you the best in Unlimited-Luxury® for an all-inclusive experience and it is our most sincere wish to serve you again soon.
Also deep at our core, is our dedication to the health, safety, and wellbeing of our guests and our teams. To that end, we fully understand that you have questions about the rapidly changing environment around this situation and we are committed to sharing clear, up-to-date information about the steps we are taking so when you need to, you can make the most informed decisions.
We are in contact with destinations, airlines and other partners to understand their changing protocols and procedures. We are also monitoring announcements from government entities and health departments in the areas in which AMResorts®-branded properties are located.
At the resort-level, and in an abundance of caution, we have implemented several new policies and procedures beyond our already stringent health and safety protocols. These additional standards follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Cristal International Standards. Additional activity includes:
- Continuous communication with our staff to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both front-of-house and back-of-house areas.
- Public surfaces such as front desk, restaurant counters and dining tables are cleaned multiple times throughout the day. Public touch points, such as handrails, railings, elevators buttons, door handles and knobs, are also cleaned frequently throughout the day along with activities center areas and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer is located throughout public and back-of-house locations, such as lobby, outlets, restrooms and work areas. Sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Food at buffet restaurants is being presented and served in a manner that supports overall health and wellness.
- All departments have implemented hand washing or hygiene procedures to take place multiple times during the staff shift. Staff is instructed as follows:
- At beginning of their shift on correct health and wellness procedures.
- Supervised to wash hands before and after eating and before returning to a work area.
- Restaurant staff is instructed to wash hands every hour or after every break before returning to their work area.
- Proper procedures are posted in all back-of-house work areas and reinforced at daily briefings.
- Prohibited from reporting to work with a respiratory illness that can be transmitted to others.
- For guests who may feel unwell, we have detailed protocols developed in partnership with Cristal International Standards. And if at any point a guest feels ill, they will be asked to return to their room and contact the front desk. The on-site physician will come to the room and assess the situation.
Additionally, we would like to share our new leisure vacation policy. If you have a reservation, please be advised of this newly implemented policy to help assist you better when you are ready to travel:
- We have instituted the “Move the Date, Keep the Rate” program so you may change the date of your travel for a future travel date between now and December 22, 2020.
- Additionally, you have the option to change to another AMResorts® property within the same brand, in a different destination with no additional fee or cancellation penalty. Travel to be completed by December 22, 2020.
If you have questions, we encourage you to reach out and contact your travel advisor or the AMResorts® customer care team at 800 597 4761.
YOUR PEACE OF MIND
It is important to us that you are able to make informed travel decisions based on individual circumstances, and that you have peace of mind anytime you may choose to visit an AMResorts®-branded property.
We recognize that the news about the coronavirus can be concerning and encourage you to avoid rumor and speculation by seeking information on your own from credible sources, like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov) and the World Health Organization (www.who.int).
Even in these challenging times, please know that we remain at your service. Our AMResorts® values are founded in a heartfelt commitment to you, your well-being and delivering amazing vacation experiences when you choose to travel.
We are here for you today and will be here for you tomorrow. From our family to yours, please be well and thank you again for your loyal patronage.
Gonzalo del Peón
My husband and I were at Dreams Sands for a ten night stay in Cancun and had to leave half way through. We have scheduled and paid for another ten night stay arriving August 15 as we were thoroughly enjoying our stay. We have asked for an 8th floor prestige room near the lounge. Perhaps you might be able to upgrade our room due to the loss of time we were there last time. Thank you for your consideration. Roberta and Bill Backhaus
Buenas tardes! Señores míos… Quiero hacer extensa mi felicitación a su hotel, ya que tuve una estancia placentera, con un personal de primera, pero quiero resaltar mi agradecimiento al personal de cocina y meseros, excepto por las hostess. En mi estancia tuve 3 hostess en diferentes restaurantes que visité y las 3 con una PÉSIMA ATENCIÓN y una ACTITUD DESAGRADABLE, lo cual mi experiencia no llegó a hacer 100% excelente. Recomiendo poner mucha atención a las señoritas (Gabriela, con gafete de Esmeralda, Isis y Magaly) ya que son la imagen y el primer contacto con el cliente. De antemano agradezco su atención. ¡Gracias por la experiencia!
Dreams Playa Bonita Panama results stole $945 for an upgrade to a Master Suite that was offered but declined. A refund request was submitted on the last day of my stay (in a King Deluxe none preferred room) at the resort (I left a day early because it was just horrific). I was informed it would be 7 to 10 days. It has now been alimony 45 days. I booked under UVC and my refund was handle by the UVC Member Service Manager. I have been unable to get a resolution by the resort or by UVC. This UVC Service Manager told me that this resort is no Costa Rica and is literally on the bottom of the Dreams collection. UVC had the offered me 2 perimere nights return for my 1 star review however has yet to address the refund of my $945 for an upgrade. I desperately need assistance. Note: I took 25 people with me to this resort who have also left unfavorable reviews. The management team at this resort will not get back with the travel company that the group was book with.