Last month, we featured the Executive Chef from Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa on our blog. As we mentioned in our first post, Chef Rafael has been with our resort for nearly two years and is truly the man behind all of the delicious cuisine at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.
Today, we wanted to feature a recipe for one of Chef Rafael’s favorite dishes to make at our resort — Veal Fricassee! We encourage you to give this recipe a try at home or book another trip to our resort if you want to experience it firsthand from our chef!
- 1 tbsp. Garlic
- 1.5 tbsp. Onion
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup White wine
- 1/2 cup Beef stock
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 3.5 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. Dried mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. Veal (Rack)
- 1/2 cup Asparagus
- In a skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic, cook for a minute, then add the oats and stir until golden brown.
- Add the olive oil, mushrooms and stir for another minute, add the white wine until consumed and then add the beef stock, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked add the Parmesan cheese and check for taste.
- On a charcoal grill, grill the asparagus and veal (previously salt / peppered) to the desired tenderness.
- Place the veal and a quarter of the fricassee together with the asparagus and finish with roasted garlic Demi Glaze sauce.