Happy #WOWWednesday from Dreams® Resorts & Spas! This week, our WOW story comes from Dreams Sands Cancun!
A WOW story highlights a particular instance in which a resort went above and beyond for a guest or group. These moments are special and ones that the guest or group will always remember from their time at Dreams Resorts & Spas – we can’t wait to share more of them with you!
On a trip to Dreams Sands, Mr. M had a delicious gourmet meal on the beach which turned into a culinary experience he will never forget! Read more for this special story.
Mr. M with staff from Dreams Sands!
Last month, we featured the Executive Chef from Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa on our blog. As we mentioned in our first post, Chef Rafael has been with our resort for nearly two years and is truly the man behind all of the delicious cuisine at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.
Today, we wanted to feature a recipe for one of Chef Rafael’s favorite dishes to make at our resort — Veal Fricassee! We encourage you to give this recipe a try at home or book another trip to our resort if you want to experience it firsthand from our chef!
- 1 tbsp. Garlic
- 1.5 tbsp. Onion
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup White wine
- 1/2 cup Beef stock
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 3.5 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. Dried mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. Veal (Rack)
- 1/2 cup Asparagus
- In a skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic, cook for a minute, then add the oats and stir until golden brown.
- Add the olive oil, mushrooms and stir for another minute, add the white wine until consumed and then add the beef stock, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked add the Parmesan cheese and check for taste.
- On a charcoal grill, grill the asparagus and veal (previously salt / peppered) to the desired tenderness.
- Place the veal and a quarter of the fricassee together with the asparagus and finish with roasted garlic Demi Glaze sauce.
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa offers guests a wide variety of food selections as part of Unlimited-Luxury®. We want to introduce you to the man behind it all, our Executive Chef, Rafael.
Chef Rafael has been the Executive Chef at the resort for nearly two years. He is very talented in the kitchen and is always keeping up with the latest techniques to create dishes our guests love. He studied Culinary Arts at the University of the Caribbean and he has gained expertise to lead his food and beverage team.
In the kitchen Chef Rafael uses fresh produce to enhance the richness of the foods he prepares. He uses flavors from South America and Mexico in his cooking.
He uses both traditional and cutting edge culinary techniques and vacuum cooking is a technique that he prefers to use. Vacuumed, low temperature cooking is a procedure that preserves the tastes and nutrients. Rafael is ready to prepare your special lobster or romantic dinner.