There’s so much to see and do in and around the nearby historic city of Puerto Vallarta. Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa is ideally located on the coast of the Pacific in Banderas Bay, one of the largest bays in the world. Our resort is just 20 minutes from the airport and only five minutes from downtown.
We offer many activities at our resort, but if you are looking to explore some local attractions, are are a few to consider when staying in Puerto Vallarta:
- Playa Yelapa. This is an old charming Mexican fishing village that is set on a private natural cove and only accessible by boat. Visitors can spend time hiking through the jungle, visiting the Cola de Caballa waterfalls, horseback riding along the inland river or simply relaxing on the beach.
- World Class Golfing. Another added benefit of staying at Dreams Puerto Vallarta is the opportunity to tee-off at near-by premier golf courses. La Marina Golf Club, Vista Vallarta I Golf Club, Flamingos Golf Club and El Tigre Golf Club are a few golf courses to consider.
- Deep Sea Fishing. Puerto Vallarta fishing is top-notch all year round. With trophy-size Marlin, Sailfish, Mahi Mahi, and Tuna, among many other Sportfish, a Vallarta fisherman seldom goes home empty-handed.
- Los Arcos National Park. Los Arcos Marine Reserve is one of the most popular snorkeling and diving destinations in Puerto Vallarta. The park, which is protected by the Mexican government, includes a cluster of unique rock formations, caves and grottos, beautiful tropical fauna and a variety of tropical marine life.
Next time you are visiting us, stop by our tour desk if you’d like more information or if you’re interested in booking an excursion to any of these local attractions!
When visiting Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, there are many activities offered at our resort, but if you are looking to explore some local attractions, Huatulco has many options to choose from. Here are a few nearby attractions to consider when staying in Huatulco.
- The Botazoo Ecological Park. This park is an ecological area located 10 miles from Huatulco. It is a bird lover’s paradise with over 120 different species that can be spotted along the river and in the lagoon. It is also home to the archeological site Punta Celeste. This area also offers excellent rappelling adventures with a rock wall that measures 50 meters.
- The Copalita Waterfalls. The Copalita Waterfalls are located an hour and half from Huatulco along the Copalita River, just above the village of Santa Maria Xadani. The majestic waterfalls vary in size and offer swimming, hiking and relaxation in an all natural setting. The larger waterfalls have a swing that you can swing and rapel from.
- La Crucecita. La Crucecita is located 10 minutes from the hotel area of Tangolunda. The town comes complete with a park, zocalo and a church that is said to have the largest painting of the Virgin de Guadalupe on the ceiling. La Crucecita is where most of the restaurants, cafes, boutiques, craft stores and markets are located.
- The Zapotecas Mud Bath. Mud baths were used by the Zapotecas, Mayans and Aztecs for its medicinal healing powers. Today, mud baths are offered by the “The Women of La Bocana Cooperative” on the beach at La Bocana. The treatment is exclusively the work of the women of the village, who are direct descendants of the Zapotec people.
Stop by our tour desk if you’d like more information or if you’re interested in booking an excursion to any of these local attractions!