There are a number of things to look forward to when you visit Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa. While we can’t forget our beautiful beaches, fabulous rooms, gourmet dining and Unlimited-Luxury© privileges, today we wanted to highlight our famous Mayan Coffee demonstration. The making of this delicious beverage is as much fun to watch as it is to drink!
Click the video below to watch our Mayan Coffee demonstration!
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to make this tasty beverage at home.
- 1 cup coffee
- ½ oz Xtabentun
- ½ oz Kalua
- Whipped cream
- One orange
- Moisten the edge of the cup with an orange slice and frost with sugar.
- Carmelize the sugar over an open flame.
- Place the Kalua and Xtabentun in a stainless steel container until hot.
- The liquor should then be set on fire!
- Once the flames are out, pour the coffee in the cup.
- Fill the remaining part of the cup with whipped cream.
Tip: Pick up a bottle Xtabentun while visiting Mexico. Xtabentun is Mayan liquor made from honey that is native to Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula and may be difficult to track down elsewhere!