Dreams Resorts & Spas provides the ultimate fun-in-the-sun escape for a family vacation beyond your wildest dreams. These precious moments spent are worthy of being remembered for many years to come so before you start snapping away, take a few seconds to refresh yourself with these five tips to take amazing family vacation photos!
1. Take a LOT of pictures: At the end of your vacation, you will never regret taking too many pictures. So, experiment with different angles and shutter speeds throughout your stay and snap photos of everywhere you explore. From long days on the beach to family dinners to exciting excursions, you’ll be happy with the variety of faces and moments you have to choose from.
2. Capture Candid Moments: Avoid staged photos, instead capturing things as they’re happening. Family vacations are about bonding and spending time with the people you love. Smiles, laughs, and silly faces will be frequent and you’ll want to remember them. These might not be the best quality or most flattering photos from vacation, but ones you will be happy you took.
3. Take a step back to capture the whole picture: The stunning views at Dreams Resorts & Spas are unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. You’re likely to come across breathtaking sunsets that you’ll want to remember just as they were through your eyes. Try using a wide angle lens and take a step back to capture the full scene. Seize the moment to focus on all the beauty that’s around you.
4. Remember to include people (and yourself!) in the photos: When you’re out traveling to new and exciting places, it’s easy to get sidetracked and forget about the most important part of your trip: the people that came with you! Ask another guest to take a family shot on the beach or capture your kids’ faces as they leap into the pool. Landscape shots are beautiful, but these are the photos that will make you both laugh and cry years from now. Be sure to take lots of them!
5. Catch the “Golden Hour” of the Day: The hour before the sun sets in late afternoon is known as the “Golden Hour” in photography, during which daylight is redder and softer compared to when the sun is higher in the sky. This hour provides the perfect lighting to capture precious moments as your day winds down. And if you’re an early bird, the hour right after the sun rises provides similar lighting to capture the gorgeous views of the beach before you start your day. You’ll be amazed at the beautiful, natural light that comes from these photos.
Follow these easy tips and your Dreams Resorts & Spas vacation photos are sure to shine!