Happy #WeddingWednesday from Dreams Resorts & Spas! This Wednesday, we’re so excited to share an incredible wedding special at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa! Weddings booked at Dreams Puetro Aventuras for the month of May can receive special discounts including 50% off a dance floor, decorative Chinese lanterns or a musical sound system to keep the party going all night long. The discount can only be applied to one decoration, so choose wisely!
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is now offering an exciting package, Dreams and Wheels, that is only available for a limited time. This new package gives you the opportunity to explore the breathtaking sites and attractions of the Riviera Maya with a complimentary rental car.
There are countless places to venture off to beyond Dreams Puerto Aventuras. Experience the night-life and shopping of vibrant Playa del Carmen with a quick 15 minute drive from the resort. Or explore the ancient city and pyramids of Tulum featuring the only ocean front ruins. Tulum is located less than an hour away from the resort. There are several other fascinating points of interest throughout the region including Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá and Coba, Xcaret Ecological Park and the natural aquarium of Xel-Ha.
Hurry – Book your stay today! This special perk is offered for a limited time only. It is valid for new reservations in a Deluxe Ocean View Room for a minimum of 7 nights made before September 30, 2011 for travel until October 31st, 2011. Be sure the read the terms and conditions that apply.
As most of you know, there are four Dreams Resorts & Spas located in the beautiful Riviera Maya and Cancun region. The Riviera Maya is located on the northeast coast of the Yucatan Peninsula in the state of Quintana Roo and boasts absolutely amazing beaches and exciting entertainment. If you’re visiting us soon at Dreams Resorts & Spas, here are five things to-do on your vacation!
- Delphinus Dreams Cancun – Take part in the incredible opportunity to swim with the dolphins in a natural environment surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of the Mexican Caribbean. Dolphin experiences take place four times a day at Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa. It’s something your family won’t want to miss!
- Selvatica – Rated as the #1 Tourist Attraction in Mexico, Selvatica is an extreme canopy adventure with 12 of the longest and fastest zip lines in North America. Feel a sense of accomplishment as you zip through the tree tops and take in the beauty of the surrounding area. Once the tour is finished, cool off with a refreshing dip in a natural cenote on property, then finish the day off with a traditional Mexican lunch.
- Xcaret – Spend a day of amazement interacting with Mexican culture at Xcaret, one of the most spectacular ecological theme parks in the world. Leisurely stroll the 200 acre park and visit the beautiful wildlife displays, swim in the underground river or enjoy the phenomenal shows and entertainment.
- Playa del Carmen – Stroll along “La Quinta Avenida” of Playa del Carmen, which is filled with numerous shops, cafes and restaurants. You can shop for everything from crafts to expensive silver, interesting art, rum and the even the latest clothing trends from Europe. There are also a number of bars along 5th Ave making it a great place to grab drinks with friends or go dancing after the sun goes down.
- Xel-Ha – Snorkel in the largest natural aquarium in the world. Experience the rich underwater life and luscious jungle surroundings, while taking part in numerous attractions and activities at Xel-Ha. With so much to choose from, there’s sure to be something for everyone in the family!
To take part in any of these activities during your stay with us, simply stop by our activities and our team will be happy to help you arrange these adventures!
Now, visitors can enjoy more time at resort and less time on the road with the new Playa del Carmen bypass bridge! The 16-mile long bypass, which was just inaugurated earlier this week, starts at Cancun and ends in Tulum, intersecting with the existing highway just south of the airport.
The new bridge will alleviate traffic through Playa del Carmen, decrease congestion around Tulum’s town center, and will also benefit the environment by ameliorating air and sound quality along the Riviera Maya. Additionally, it cuts out traffic lights and speed bumps through Playa del Carmen, making for a quicker trip to Puerto Aventuras and Tulum. This shaves off 20 minutes of travel time (30-35 minutes in heavy traffic) from the airport to Dreams Tulum and Dreams Puerto Aventuras. Now that these destinations are more accessible, our guests can arrive sooner and stay longer than ever!
Dreams Resorts & Spas has teamed up with the Mexico Tourism Board to organize a retreat for influential family and travel bloggers to experience the beauty and excitement that Mexico has to offer. Dreams Riviera Cancun will be providing the luxurious accommodations for everyone attending the event. From our Unlimited-Luxury® privileges to those extra little touches, we are excited to help make this event truly memorable for all of the participants.
The Bloggers Meet Up kicks off on Wednesday, May 18th with a cocktail party hosted by Dreams Riviera Cancun. There will be plenty of delicious cocktails, gourmet dishes and music to get the party started!
The Mexico Tourism Board has helped us arrange an exciting line-up of activities for the bloggers, including a Canopy and Cenote Tour, a night on the town in Playa del Carmen and an excursion to Xcaret. Event attendees will also have the opportunity to partake in a LIVE on-site Travelers’ Night In (TNI) discussion on Thursday May 19, 2011. If you are not already familiar with TNI, it is a weekly travel discussion organized by Zip Set Go and is considered the largest, live online travel chat with an average of 500 participants each week.
Of course the bloggers will have plenty of down time to enjoy all of the amenities that Dreams Riviera Cancun has to offer! To wrap up the trip, our sister resort Secrets Silversands will host a dinner party on Friday evening, giving our guests one last night of fun before departing for home in the morning.
We plan to update the tweet and update throughout the Bloggers Meet Up using the hashtag #MexDreams, so stay tuned for all the details. You can follow @DreamsResorts for updates from the resort and @TravelistaTara and @LisaJanPa who will be providing an insider’s perspective throughout the trip.