From breakfast delivered by room service to mid-afternoon snacks and gourmet dinners, the chefs at Dreams® Tulum Resort & Spa definitely know how to cook up a storm in the kitchen for our guests each day!
Whether you’ve recently visited Dreams Tulum or are counting down the days until your next trip, we’re excited to share a new chef series with you straight from the Executive Chef at the resort! Each month, be on the lookout for a new how-to video with a fan favorite recipe that you can make right at home!
Keep reading to watch this month’s fabulous risotto recipe with Chef Gonzalez!
Delicious risotto alla barbabietola prepared by Chef Gonzalez from Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa!
Nothing is better than relaxing under the sun with a refreshing cocktail at Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa. If you can’t be here with us this week, the next best thing is to enjoy a tropical cocktail in the comforts of your own home. Here’s the recipe for our signature cocktail, Seven Blocks.
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 ounce rum
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 once tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces red wine
Fill a tall glass with ice, pour the rum, gin, vodka, tequila, triple sec and orange juice into the glass. Stir, then slowly pour the red wine on the top. Garnish and enjoy.
Last month, we featured the Executive Chef from Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa on our blog. As we mentioned in our first post, Chef Rafael has been with our resort for nearly two years and is truly the man behind all of the delicious cuisine at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.
Today, we wanted to feature a recipe for one of Chef Rafael’s favorite dishes to make at our resort — Veal Fricassee! We encourage you to give this recipe a try at home or book another trip to our resort if you want to experience it firsthand from our chef!
- 1 tbsp. Garlic
- 1.5 tbsp. Onion
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup White wine
- 1/2 cup Beef stock
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 3.5 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. Dried mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. Veal (Rack)
- 1/2 cup Asparagus
- In a skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic, cook for a minute, then add the oats and stir until golden brown.
- Add the olive oil, mushrooms and stir for another minute, add the white wine until consumed and then add the beef stock, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked add the Parmesan cheese and check for taste.
- On a charcoal grill, grill the asparagus and veal (previously salt / peppered) to the desired tenderness.
- Place the veal and a quarter of the fricassee together with the asparagus and finish with roasted garlic Demi Glaze sauce.
Today is a very special day. It’s National Tortilla Chip Day! In honor of this festive holiday, we decided to share our secret guacamole recipe from Dreams Resorts & Spas. This simple Mexican dip pairs perfectly with tortilla chips to make a delicious snack! Take a look below for our recipe.
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 3 tomatillos, husked and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, mix avocados, tomatillos, red onion, roma tomatoes, and lime juice. Season with red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving. Enjoy!