Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for your ultimate family vacation! From swimming with the dolphins to visiting the ancient pyramids of Tulum, there is something for everyone to love.
Underwater Adventures: You’ll create lifetime memories as you explore the underwater treasures along the Riviera Maya, Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen coasts. Our award-winning Gold Palm Certified Diving Center offers scuba and snorkeling excursions for people of all skill levels giving you the opportunity to explore the world’s second largest reef with its colorful corals and stunning underwater world. Other water adventures include sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, water volleyball, jet skiing and so much more!
Swim with the Dolphins: Live out your dreams of swimming with adorable dolphins and manatees at our world-class Dolphin Dreams Dolphinarium, located on-site. Take advantage of this once in a lifetime experience to get up close and personal with these beautiful sea creatures. Touch them, talk to them, swim with them, or even kayak with them!
Tours and Excursions: There are amazing sights for the whole family minutes from the resort including a championship golf course, the ancient pyramids of Tulum, several eco-archaeological parks and an underground river. Learn about the Mayan culture and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea at the Tulum Mayan Ruins or visit Xel-Ha Eco-Aquatic Park/Archaeological Site for a day of aquatic adventure through lagoons and caves. The variety of tours and excursions offers an adventure for everyone to enjoy!
Are you ready to experience these adventures at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa? Book your stay today to experience the family vacation of a lifetime and contact us ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the desk upon your arrival to set up your excursion!
If you’ve ever been to Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, you know there’s plenty to do within the resort to keep a happy vacationer busy for weeks. However, for those interested in venturing out to do some exploring, the town of Tulum and surrounding areas have a whole lot to offer! We’ve rounded up our “Top 10 Reasons to Love Tulum” to get you started with some of the area’s popular attractions.
- Downtown Tulum: Visitors to Tulum should know there are truly three distinct areas all known as “Tulum” including the beach, the ruins and the town, known as Tulum Pueblo. In just a few years, Tulum Pueblo has grown from a little village to a thriving town that has increasingly grown to accommodate the needs of area tourists. Businesses and restaurants are diverse and create countless opportunities for exploration of this distinctly Mexican community. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat, sit-down dinner, drinks and conversation or simply to browse the many shops featuring artisan and folk art, there’s something for everyone in Tulum Pueblo! Reach out to your concierge at Dreams Tulum to find out more about getting downtown and how you can make the best of a trip to Tulum Pueblo.
- Explore the cenotes: Cenotes are sinkholes in the jungle resulting from the erosion of limestone bedrock over millions of years, exposing the groundwater underneath. Cenotes were a frequent source of fresh water for ancient Mayans who also believed them to be portals to the underworld. Tulum is home to many cenotes that are open to the public for swimming, snorkeling diving and sunbathing. Contact your concierge to find out more about how you can explore these incredible natural wonders!
- Tulum Monkey Sanctuary: This privately-owned 60-acre ranch is home to many rescued Spider Monkeys thriving in a safe, natural habitat. Wild monkeys also frequently pass through the sanctuary on their feeding routes. The ranch is also home to white tail deer, horses, burros, ducks, iguanas and countless bird species, making it an exciting place to visit for animal-lovers of any age!
- Muyil Archaeological Site: Located on the western edge of the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve, the Muyil site is home to six main structures. This site was one of the earliest and longest inhabited ancient Mayan sites on the eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. Muyil was part of a Caribbean trade route where commonly traded goods included jade, obsidian, chocolate, honey, feathers, chewing gum and salt.
- Chichen-Itza Mayan Ruins: If you’re looking for a truly memorable day-trip, the Chichen-Itza Mayan Ruins, named one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, is 75 miles from Dreams Tulum.
- Punta Laguna: Part of a nature reserve called Ma’ax Yetel Kooh, Punta Laguna is run by locals and any proceeds go directly to their benefit. Tourists may pay for guided tours or explore this reserve, known for its wild Spider and Howler monkeys, on their own.
- Flor de Michoacan: If you’re out and about exploring Tulum, this is the perfect refreshing pit stop, known for their ice cream pops and fresh-squeezed fruit juices.
- Unico: Ranked by TripAdvisor as one of the top five restaurants in Tulum, Unico is off the beaten path but known for its great wine selection, quality local ingredients and inspired menu.
- The Plastic Flamingo: This quirky new little gallery and shop, located off the road in a 1971 Airstream trailer, features locally created art and hand-made objects with a Mexican influence. The perfect place to find a one-of-a-kind souvenir that you’ll cherish for years to come.
- Mayan Ruins of Tulum: This stunning ancient city, perched on a cliff overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea, is one of the best-preserved coastal Mayan archaeological sites. Tulum was one of the last surviving Mayan cities, eventually falling due to diseases brought by Spanish settlers. Today the ruins are a must-see stop for any Tulum tourists.
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is now offering an exciting package, Dreams and Wheels, that is only available for a limited time. This new package gives you the opportunity to explore the breathtaking sites and attractions of the Riviera Maya with a complimentary rental car.
There are countless places to venture off to beyond Dreams Puerto Aventuras. Experience the night-life and shopping of vibrant Playa del Carmen with a quick 15 minute drive from the resort. Or explore the ancient city and pyramids of Tulum featuring the only ocean front ruins. Tulum is located less than an hour away from the resort. There are several other fascinating points of interest throughout the region including Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá and Coba, Xcaret Ecological Park and the natural aquarium of Xel-Ha.
Hurry – Book your stay today! This special perk is offered for a limited time only. It is valid for new reservations in a Deluxe Ocean View Room for a minimum of 7 nights made before September 30, 2011 for travel until October 31st, 2011. Be sure the read the terms and conditions that apply.